Support Facilitator - PIR
Council is seeking the services of an experienced Support Facilitator to work in the GoCo department of Council.
Support Facilitators are responsible for working with people who present with complex issues.
You will need:
- An appropriate level of community mental health expertise, demonstrated through previous appointments, service and study
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in mental health, health or welfare degree, or Certificate IV in mental health with relevant experience
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and advocacy skills and experience
- Experience fostering and sustaining partnerships
- Experience in assessment and coordinating person-centred support
- Knowledge of the health and welfare sectors relevant to the PIR target group
- Demonstrate understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of severe and persistent mental illness and complex needs.
- Experience working in Aboriginal communities will be an advantage
- A carer role or having a lived experience will be an advantage
- Current Australian Driver's Licence
- Working With Children Check identification number.
- Appointments will be subject to satisfactory Australian residency/visa and National Criminal Record
This is a contract position attracting Local Government (State Award) 2014 employment conditions, and is offered at Grade 12 on Council’s Salary Structure with a base salary range of $1177.55 to $1299.79 per week.
For more information please contact Bruce Mercer on 67402241.
Progression through the recruitment process may be subject to a satisfactory pre-employment medical report
To apply for this position please visit www.infogunnedah.com.au, applications must be received by COB Monday 10 July 2017.
Gunnedah Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.